Saturday, February 12, 2011

A World Full of Michaels, Part Two

Team Spontaneity is on a roll again this week.

After perusing through the pages of YouTube, I came across a link stating that a certain Michael Franti was performing at Amoeba Records here in Berkztown, fo' free! I thought to myself, "oh my gee. It's too good to be true!" but alas, 'tis! As I researched the topic, and even called Amoeba, I verified that the musician whom I listen to at all times would actually be within arm's reach... if not more! After finding that out, I knew I was not about to miss it.

So with my trusty co-team captain Clarisse, we ventured off to Telegraph Avenue and positioned ourselves to what looks like quite a lengthy line to get inside the store. After about half an hour, the line starts moving and we were instructed to situate on the ramp, and glory be, we were finally moments away from listening to one of the best Michaels in the world LIVE!



Yup, there they are: Michael Franti and Spearhead (Jay Bowman, left; Michael Franti, middle; Jolene Rust, right)

Not only did they happily entertain us by singing songs like "Sound of Sunshine," "Say Hey (I Love You)," and "Hey Hey Hey," but they were gracious enough to actually meet with their fans! Needless to say, we're like totz best friends now.



He's the sweetest guy in the world. We went up to him and he showered us with hugs and kisses. He even asked Claire how her week was, which I'm sure she greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty much also bffls with his band peeps Jay and Jolene:


We're adorable in this picture, I know... And this dude was about to steal my jacket. He was definitely manhandling my arm ready to rip it off. He was really cool with the guitar though and I was so ready to give it to him. The jacket, I mean.


Gah! What a night... I'm so glad I live in a city where I could just randomly go to things with famous people in it, then get to meet them. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment