Monday, December 20, 2010

'Tis the season...

As Christmas rapidly approaches, I’m beginning to panic, mostly because I have literally nothing under my Christmas tree, ‘cept for Catlin’s ginormous box which I have yet to open.

My main problem really is that I haven’t had time to shop. I work nine hours a day and the rest of the time, I was freaking out about how I’m supposed to buy a bed for my mom in such a short amount of time. My other problem is that I have no idea what to give my children for Christmas. What do I give two 13-year-old boys that isn’t going to cost me $59.99 at Best Buy? What do I buy a 3-year-old girl who has literally everything? I’m stumped, guys!

I’m also slightly freaking out about the fact that all 16 of my immediate family members are spending Christmas in my 707 square foot apartment. It’s gonna be a blast having all of them there, but the preparation that comes beforehand freaks me out. I don’t know how to host a formal dinner party. What am I? An adult? Psh.

Well granted that I am legally, the only events that I’ve ever thrown that have ever come even close to a being a party is that one time that I invited people over for sushi and sake, and that other time that I invited people over to get rid of all the alcohol in my apartment by playing “Drunk Mario Kart” before my mother comes back. Those aren’t exactly “adult formal dinner party” material.

Any ideas??? Help me out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment