Monday, June 8, 2009

I Can't Sleep!

Nine months of school and all I ever wanted was sleep... a necessity-turned-luxury, sleep was something I extremely lacked during my time at Cheney 113 last school year.

Due to a combination of academic, social, and at some points, physical reasons (I mean broken ribs, sicko!), sleep for me only averaged to about 3 hours a night.

So when it was finally summertime, I did what any sleep-deprived architecture student would do...I embraced the simultaneous softness and firmness of my pillows, wrapped myself in my fleece blanket and slept for two and a half weeks. The only breaks I had were during eating, mission: impossible (my mission to clean my room, which succeeded), occasional facebook chatting, and shower. And boy, my dates with my bed were oh-so-sweet....... until now....

I guess when you sleep for that long, your sleeping pattern gets all screwed up and whatnot. Now, it's one o'clock in the morning and I am WIDE AWAKE. I drank my chamomile tea, I listened to my lullabies, I turned off all my lights, and still, I tossed and turned in my bed for an hour and a half.

Oh sleep, why must you do this to me when I actually have something to do early tomorrow???

1 comment: